OXO Good Cookies: Banoffee Spice Cookies

OXO, who makes the coolest kitchen tools, is hosting a Cookies for Kids’ Cancer fundraiser. Bloggers like me were sent a kit of baking products and asked to bake some cookies. You can use the store locator to find these products below.
What to do with ripe bananas? Since I have both bananas and Heath toffee pieces in my pantry, I made Banoffee cookies. Banoffee pie is a English pie made with bananas, toffee and cream. I developed a recipe after researching a few blogs.  The Kitchn has a recipe for Banana White Chocolate Toffee cookies.  I wanted to incorporate apple pie spice and cardamom so I nixed the white chocolate chips.

 Banoffee Spice Cookies (adapted from The Kitchn)

1/2 c. unsalted butter, room temperature
1 c. sugar
1 egg, room temperature 
2 large bananas
1 tsp. baking soda
2 c. flour
pinch of salt
1/2 tsp. apple pie spice
1/2 tsp. cardamom
1/2 c. Heath toffee chips


Instructions
Cream together butter and sugar into mixing bowl until fluffy. Add in the egg.

Using two ripe bananas, I mashed them up with baking soda.
In a separate bowl, mix the flour with the apple pie spice, cardamon and a salt.
Then add the dry ingredients slowly until well mixed.
Stir in the toffee chips.

Drop in dollops onto a parchment paper or foil-lined baking sheet.
Bake for 11-13 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
Cool completely on a wire rack.
Ripe Bananas
Adding in the toffee chips
Golden brown soft banoffee cookies

Comments