I was recently interviewed on Cookbooks.About.com and I mentioned that I get lots of cookbooks. One of the more recent cookbooks that I got is Christina Lane's Dessert For Two. So far, I have already made peanut (cashew) butter cookies and red velvet cupcakes from the cookbook, and this recipe is next on my list. Pound cakes are so rich in butter,that the idea of have mini pound cake cupcakes are great. I would top the mini-cakes with berry preserves or fresh fruit. The mini pound cakes recipe calls for both almond and vanilla extract. Nielsen-Massey makes wonderful extract and they sent me samples.
Mini Sour Cream Pound Cakes Recipe Courtesy of Dessert For Two
Yield: 4 individual cakes
- ¼ cup (50 grams) granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons (60 grams) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ teaspoon Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract
- ¼ teaspoon Nielsen-Massey Pure Almond Extract
- 1 large egg + 1 large egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) full-fat sour cream
- ½ cup (60 grams) all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 375°F. Place cupcake liners in four cups along the edge of a muffin pan.
Sprinkle the flour, baking powder, and salt on top of the wet ingredients. Beat until just combined; do not over mix. Divide the batter equally among the prepared muffin cups. Bake for 16 to 18 minutes. It’s okay to remove the pound cakes when moist crumbs cling to a toothpick inserted into the center of a cake, and the tops appear slightly damp. Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes, and then allow to cool completely on a cooling rack.