December 2nd, NYC Cupcake Panel

I (Rachel) will be part of a panel about cupcakes on Saturday, December 2nd at 11 a.m. as part of the Small Press Center Book Fair, along with Elaine Cohen of Cupcake Caboose and author of Super-Duper Cupcakes as well as Isa Chandra Moskowitz, co-author of Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World. I have also interviewed Elaine and Isa for this very blog. I'm so honored to be asked to take part. The rest of the fair looks pretty fascinating as well. Believe it, people - cupcakes are everywhere.

Nineteenth Annual Independent and Small Press Book Fair

The 19th Annual Independent and Small Press Center will be held on December 2nd and 3rd, at the Small Press Center, at 20 West 44th Street, in the landmark building of the General Society of Mechanics and Tradesmen. The Fair is free and open to the public, although this year a $1 donation will be encouraged.

11: 00 am to 12:00 pm; Room 208
HERE'S LOOKIN' AT YOU, CUPCAKE
A lively panel discussion with Marisa Bulzone on the return of the cupcake, and a conversation on cupcake recipes, cook books, and the rise of specialty cupcake pastry stores.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hello, I am new to this blog. I LOVE it! Can't believe there is such an extensive, content laden blog on... CUPCAKES! Who woulda thunk it?! I am thinking about starting my own cupcake business and this blog gives me inspiration, ideas and information beyond anything I could have imagined. Thank you! Also, I don't know whether you've seen this already, but another blogger gave you some kudos. Read it here: http://thomsinger.blogspot.com/2006/07/cupcakes-for-everyone.html. Also, check out this article on young entrepreneur, Johnny Cupcake, who sells shirts and other cool cupcakes related merchandise: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5618417. And lastly, take a look at the yummy ICE-CREAM FILLED!!!! cupcakes are http://www.tranibrand.com I came across these site while looking for info on starting a cupcake business and thought it would be nice to share them with everyone. I’ll be visiting this blog often and may even attend the Small Press Center Book Fair event in NY on December 2nd. Keep up the GREAT WORK!!!