Cupcake classes and new frosting flavors at New York's Butter Lane

I stopped in at New York's Butter Lane in the East Village last night to find that they have three new frosting flavors: peach, lemon and lime. My phone had died so I couldn't get a photo, but I tried a lime frosting shot ($1) and it was very good. It even had green sugar on top for a little crunch and had just the right combination of sweet and tart.

I also saw that they are holding cupcake classes in their new expanded space next door on Mondays and Thursdays. There were 1 or 2 spots left for tomorrow, June 10th, and it was wide open for Monday, June 14th. Classes are $50/person. See www.butterlane.com or call 212-677-2880 for more information. I believe this is an update to their previous class listings but again, contact them for the latest. I was once there at the end of a class and it looked like people were having fun, and you get to take home all the cupcakes you make during class.

I'll go back when my camera is working to report on the peach and lemon frostings!

And for you college students, straight from their Facebook page:

Attention ALL college students in NYC, today and every Wednesday you can get buy 1, get 1 FREE of your choice. Just don't forget that student ID.

Comments