Cupcake a Day, Day 3: Whole Foods Union Square, mouse cupcake

Last night I had this cupcake from Whole Foods; I was going to go to Sugar Sweet Sunshine or Butter Lane, but I know they'll be at our party tonight, and I needed to eat dinner. This cute mouse cupcake caught my eye:

Cupcake a Day, Day 3: Whole Foods Union Square

There were two problems with it, though. One was that it was too big to fit in my mouth. I took a photo to prove that:

Cupcake a Day, Day 3: Whole Foods Union Square

It was too cute to eat. Literally. The cupcake itself was okay, the thick and cold chocolate good with the chocolate cake. It wasn't too rich and there wasn't too thick of a layer of it. It was good, though this is a pretty large cupcake (as it should be for $4.99).

Cupcake A Day, Day 3: Whole Foods Union Square

But the mouse, well, I managed to eat the little white chocolate ears and take a small bite out of the side of it, but that was all I could do. I ate the rest of my food and the mouse watched me. I even touched it in one last attempt, but I just couldn't go there. So yes, I did waste food by throwing the rest away. I'm sure a kid would have no qualms about a something so yummy being "too cute to eat," but I sure did.

Cupcake A Day, Day 3: Whole Foods Union Square

Previous Cupcake a Day:

Day 2: Billy's Bakery, vanilla/vanilla cupcake

Day 1: Dessert Club ChikaLicious, S'mores cucpake

Comments