Vanilla cupcake + mango gelato = awesome!

Parfait American at Sweet Revenge: cupcake + gelato

Even in winter, I crave ice cream, frozen yogurt, gelato, etc. There's something about the smooth, sweet creamy goodness that my mouth likes, that even the most amazing frosting can't give you. So I decided to try the Parfait American the other night at Sweet Revenge, even tough I was very full of Korean food from the excellent Do Hwa across the street.

Well, guess what? Taking an intensely rich vanilla cupcake and combining it with delicious mango gelato, is a giant treat for your mouth. I felt like in a way the combination of frosting, cake and gelato tamed each other. I love Sweet Revenge but their frosting is so sweet sometimes it's almost too much so (that being said, I've eaten their frosting shot--now called a frosting martini on the menu!--so I'm not complaining). The gelato was sweet too, but in a different way. I still couldn't eat tons of the vanilla frosting, but I liked what I did have, and the cake, which was a tiny bit dry, was definitely aided by the addition of the gelato. I like that this was a new kind of dessert (for me) and while I only managed to eat about half of it, it was totally worth the $7.

There were a few other flavor options for the sorbet, one being chocolate, I think. I'm going back Friday night so will perhaps try another arrangement, maybe the Sweet Revenge cupcake (peanut butter frosting/chocolate filling inside) and chocolate gelato?

Parfait American at Sweet Revenge: cupcake + gelato

Comments

HanamiGallery said…
that looks so tasty. i also love the orange color!
curiouser said…
I'm going to have dreams of rich chocolate cupcakes with raspberry gelato...