more updates on the 100-cupcake baking challenge

To those of you who recommended that I use the scoop to transfer my batter into the cupcake tins instead of the "plastic bag with edge snipped off" method -- bless you. It's the best way I've yet found to make a clean, even transfer of batter into the cups. Also appreciated: the vanilla extract suggestions. I've made my own vanilla before with beans and alcohol, but I don't have the months necessary to wait, I need more vanilla NOW.

The carrot cake cupcakes are now cooling on their Martha Stewart cooling racks and I'm gearing up for the next batch!

I'm thinking of toasting my cayenne and cinnamon in a cast iron pan before incorporating them into my batter, to help develop their flavors. Good thing or bad? Your thoughts? Make it snappy though, I'm about to begin the mixing...




Comments

Kelly said…
Toasting the spices soulds great! You will get a different flavor profiles which would be nice!
Christine said…
A cookie scoops works perfectly for mini cupcakes too.

Blessings,
Christine
Kelsie said…
I've been doing that for years; it's so easy to use an ice cream scoop! :D