Cupcakes gone wild: Monkey art cupcakes by Matthew Porter at Trophy Cupcakes

Seattle's Trophy Cupcakes seems to be the master at creating gorgeous cupcake art, as in, unique, beautiful artwork recreated in edible form on their cupcakes.

So far (by my count), they've put the artwork of these talented folks onto cupcakes:

Jessixa Bagley's robot cupcakes

Tad Carpenter's holiday art on cupcakes

Jessie Oleson of Cakespy's Cuppie on cupcakes

(if I missed any, write me at cupcakestakethecake at gmail.com)

Now for all of July, they are featuring the artwork of Matthew Porter, on chocolate or vanilla cupcakes. Somehow, like a dunce, I missed that there was an art show with his cupcakes on July 1st (sorry! Trophy - please put us on your email list) but Seattle cupcake blogger extraordinaire Cakespy covered it.


photo by Cakespy on Flickr


photo by Cakespy on Flickr
(click here for more Cakespy Matthew Porter cupcake images)


photo by Flickr user zoomar

The only problem with these is that...I want one, and I'm in New York. I keep saying I'm gonna go to Seattle, and now I want to make sure my trip coincides with a cupcake art show because these are just so beautiful. Kudos to Trophy Cupcakes and Matthew Porter on this excellent collaboration!

Comments

Seattle MFT said…
There is also the fact that Trophy cupcakes makes them better than anywhere else! (even my own kitchen!) They are super yummy. Easily the best in Seattle.
Unknown said…
Thanks for highlighting my artwork and colaboration with Trophy - my artwork sort of does seem to work pretty well on cupcakes!

All the best - Matthew Porter