More art-inspired cupcakes: Yayou Kusama cupcakes at Crumbs

After raving about the art cupcakes at Trophy Cupcakes, look what I found! More amazing polka dot Yayoi Kusama polka dot art cupcakes by Crumbs Bakeshop!


photo by Marshall Astor via Flickr (see more in his Yayoi Kusama: Public Art Party Flickr set)


by Marshall Astor via Flickr


by Marshall Astor via Flickr

The art is really amazing, I wish I could be there to see it live!

Here's one piece of hers, Tulips of Shangri-La, 2004:



Watch a trailer for the documentary Princess of Polka Dots here.

Comments

GRAE New York said…
I <3 Crumbs! I go there at least once a week, lol. Thanks for featuring them!
Karine said…
I have just discovered your blog through the foodie blog roll.. all your cupcakes look amazing! Great job!
Dr Buchanan said…
Like the concept of polka dot cup cakes, I wish the day would come when I can reach through my laptop screen and pull out some of these cup cakes and eat them lol lol.