Butter Lane and favorite cupcake flavors

I stopped by Butter Lane last night after eating nearby. My boyfriend got, I think, a chocolate/chocolate cupcake – it was gone so fast I didn’t even see it! I got these, strawberry frosting on chocolate cake, and the Elvis, peanut butter frosting (with mini marshmallows!) on banana cake, which I was sure would be my favorite. It was good, but the banana cake was not quite as perfect as I remembered; very good, but not as good as I've had it in the past. The strawberry was delicious and the chocolate cake extremely soft and gentle, if cake can be gentle. ($3/each)

Butter Lane cupcakes

What was hilarious is that a friend came in and we chatted about our favorite flavors, and they were out of his (it was close to closing time), so he left. Whereas if I go to a bakery for a cupcake, I’m not quite that picky; even if I have my heart set on a certain flavor, I can handle something else, maybe because I like a wide variety of flavors.

I also bought one of these cute bags for $5, because I can never have enough bags to carry around! Their SoHo popup shop closes today – alas, I didn’t get back there.

Me with Butter Lane cupcake bag

Comments

Unknown said…
Anyone who comes into Butter Lane and mentions they saw us on your blog gets two for one cupcakes Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays through the month of February. (Limit two per day.) At the end of the month, the blogger with the most mentions wins a dozen cupcakes!

Maria Baugh
Butter Lane
www.butterlane.com