Sweet Retreat Recap Part 2: Coconut Cupcake Baking

cinnabon 025
To read what happened previously on Cinnabon Sweet Retreat, read this post. After sampling Cinnabon's new signature cupcakes,  all of us bloggers donned aprons and broke up into three teams to bake coconut cupcakes using a a Brusseau family recipe. I was on the green team with Alice and Amanda.
The recipe is not a part of Cinnabon's cupcake line, so this was a special treat.

Growing up, my grandmother would make coconut cake on holidays and I loved it. I was very happy to make them. Seeing all the ingredients measured out for us already which made it seemed like we were on a cooking show, but we did all the baking ourselves.
cinnabon 038

The cupcakes were so light, fluffy and  just the right amount of coconut. Strawberries were added for garnish.

I am going to make these for Easter and add jelly beans on top. The coconut recipe is here.

Then  we had fun with even more with cupcakes by decorating them using frosting tips. Jerilyn encouraged us to be creative with garnish and suggested using edible flowers as well.

cinnabon 041

After spending the whole afternoon baking and talking about cupcakes, I felt even more assured that cupcakes are happy food. That's why cupcakes are here to stay.

Comments