P.S. re: Brown Betty Dessert Boutique, Northern Liberties, Philadelphia

My two cents to add on to Nichelle's about Brown Betty Dessert Boutique yesterday in Philadelphia (on North 2nd in the Northern Liberties area), but here are a few of my photos. See more in this Flickr set. They are poised to open their 3rd location soon. The atmosphere was lovely and for $3 each we got large, not too sweet, tasty cupcakes with a good (but not overdone) amount of frosting. I was partial to the chocolate peanut butter and marble ones but they were all delicious, and I especially like that they have sweet potato cupcakes, a flavor that, to my knowledge, New York City is lacking. Their sour cream pound cake was wonderful, and I especially appreciated that they had samples out, something you don't see too often in the cupcake world.

Brown Betty Dessert Boutique cupcakes

Brown Betty Dessert Boutique

Brown Betty Dessert Boutique cupcakes, Philadelphia

Brown Betty Dessert Boutique cupcakes, Philadelphia

Brown Betty Dessert Boutique cupcakes

Comments

Melanie Heavenly said…
Sooooooo frustrating to be in the U.K and see all these lovely places. So faaaaaaaar away. Over here cupcakes are a lot more expensive and very variable in quality. These look SO good.
TheChocolatePriestess said…
Hi, love the cupcakes. Sometimes I just like looking at them over making or eating them... how silly is that?

If you like hot chocolate, I'm giving away a maker this week: http://thechocolatecult.blogspot.com/2010/04/win-hot-chocolate-maker.html