Vodka and other alcohol cupcakes at Red Velvet Lounge by Kumquat Cupcakery

I don't know if my fellow bloggers have tried Red Velvet Lounge, but I had one bad experience there in December, right after they were written up as being officially open in The New York Times. I was treated pretty rudely and didn't even get near the cupcakes because they were "closed for a private party" -- even though the door was open and I'd been told to return at a certain time.

That being said, since our friend Keavy from Kumquat Cupcakery, who makes delicious mini cupcakes that I sadly don't get to eat as often as I'd like, is now making the cupcakes there, I will venture to Red Velvet Lounge and pay top dollar to try them out and report back, hopefully in the next week or two.

From Kumquat Cupcakery's blog:

Svedka Cherry - Vanilla cake folded with fresh cherries and bits of dark chocolate, topped with svedka cherry vodca, chocolate frosting and dark chocolate shavings.

Absolute Brooklyn - Vanilla cake folded with fresh apple chunks and grated ginger, topped with absolute brooklyn, vanilla frosting and gold sugar.

Chocolate Pomegranate - Chocolate cake drenched in pomegranate liquor, and topped with a spicy white chocolate frosting.

Red Velvet - Just classic old red velvet (virgin)

Comments