Cupcake on cover of memoir Don't Kill the Birthday Girl: Tales from an Allergic Life

I'm always excited when I see a cupcake on a book cover, whether it's a headache memoir or, in this case, a food allergy memoir, Don't Kill the Birthday Girl: Tales from an Allergic Life by Sandra Beasley. It's not out until July, but Beasley did make a book trailer for it, and since this is somewhat related to cupcakes, in that I'm sure some of you suffer from food allergies but also love cupcakes, I wanted to share it. I'll have more about the book and cupcakes and food allergies closer to the publication date.



Here's the official description of the book from her site:

When butter is deadly and eggs can make your throat swell shut, cupcakes and other joys of childhood are out of the question–and so Sandra’s mother used to warn guests against a toxic, frosting-tinged kiss with “Don’t kill the birthday girl!” Tackling a long-marginalized subject, this book intertwines a cultural history and sociological study of food allergies with humorous and sometimes heartbreaking real-life experience. From a short-lived gig as a restaurant reviewer to the dates that ended with trips to the emergency room, step inside the story of a modern young woman coming to terms with a potentially deadly disorder.

Comments

Chic Cookies said…
Sandra is a good friend of mine... Which I shouldn't mention, as you might confuse my praise for bias, but I promise no bias. She's BAH-rilliant!! And the book's brilliance matches hers. You'll hear a lot from me in July when this book comes out :)
Dollie said…
Great cover! Congrats!