Cupcake a Day, Day 4: Brownie's Elvis cupcake (with bacon!)

Firstly, huge thanks to Nichelle for organizing last night's party in 2 weeks time. If you were there, you know that White Rabbit was packed with people, the cupcakes went crazy fast, we gave away tons of raffle prizes, and much fun was had. Cupcakes came in installments. Stacie will share with you more photos but I wanted to post about yesterday's Cupcake a Day. To find out about our upcoming events, do make sure to join our NYC Meetup Group.

So, someone was kind enough to save me one of our recent guest blogger Brownie's beloved Elvis cupcakes (click for recipe).


photo by the ultra hard-working Cupcakes Take the Cake blogger and photographer par excellence Stacie Joy

I ate it kindof quickly, unlike last time, so I didn't get to savor it as much as one probably should. I tend to eat most foods really fast, like, I'll be done with my dinner and someone else is taking their fifth bite. I try to slow down with cupcakes but sometimes I can't, especially when I'm hungry. So it's a little bit of a blur but the peanut butter frosting was once again super smooth, light and just sweet enough. I love peanut butter but sometimes peanut butter frosting is crazy thick and while it tastes delicious, it then sits in your stomach. Not so with this one. The bacon adds that perfect salty delicious touch and the cake was rich, moist and banana-y. Basically, I would eat this cupcake every day if I could. Really.

Also, many thanks to Blondie for bringing me flowers, they are gorgeous.

Blondie and Brownie, we heart you!

Previous Cupcake a Day:

Day 3: Whole Foods Union Square, mouse cupcake

Day 2: Billy's Bakery, vanilla/vanilla cupcake

Day 1: Dessert Club ChikaLicious, S'mores cupcake

Comments