Keeping our blogrolls up-to-date & mapping the cupcakes of America


cupcake...soooo good...mmmm.
Originally uploaded by Shana Ray.
Thanks to reader Andrea who let us know that the banoffee cupcake we featured earlier was from Sift Cupcakery and is their "signature cupcake" and is made of "banana cake, caramel ganache filling and cream cheese frosting." (Wow!)

Turns out CTTC has featured Sift Cupcakery twice before: here and here.

But somehow we had missed adding Sift to our blogroll of US-based, non-NYC cupcakes, which you can find in the sidebar to the right. Well, I've corrected that error. It's tough stuff trying to keep our various blogrolls up-to-date as the cupcakeries and cupcake-oriented bakeries of the world multiply and grow. But feel free to email us at cupcakestakethecakeATyahooDOTcom whenever you see we're missing a place that should be listed.

I'm in the midst of a major project for the blog right now that involves mapping all of the cupcake locales of the entire United States of America (and once I finish that, I want to do another map to cover all international cupcakes). So if you want to make sure your favorite cupcake place gets added to that list, add it to Google Maps if it's not already listed and let us know that you've added it (if we don't already have it in our blogroll; if we do, I'll be sure to add it to the map once I get to it--remember, I said this was quite the undertaking and I'm working my way through alphabetically).

It's fast, easy and free to add a cupcakery (or any business for that matter) to Google Maps, and will help fellow cupcake fiends find cupcakes more easily the next time they do a Google Map search.


View Larger Map

Comments

Anonymous said…
well, i have to put in my two cents into the blogosphere of cupcake land... i had 240 cupcakes (in 4 flavors) for my birthday and had to display them.... well, 8 feet into the air.. and i got what i wanted! http://lushdesi.wordpress.com/2008/08/30/cupcakes-8-feet-into-the-air/

thank you for your continued dedication to those of us dedicated to cupcakes!

LUSH
Make sure your map my tummy! I'm pretty sure 80% of the country's cupcakes currently reside there!
Brownie said…
Awesome! This is such a cool feature, guys!
Anonymous said…
you forgot cupcakes squared in san diego!
Remember, guys, this is a work in progress and I haven't yet had a chance to add every cupcakery to the map. If you see the place listed in one of our blogrolls, then I will list it on the map when I get to it.

(So for instance, Cupcakes Squared was on our blogroll but hadn't yet been added to the map. I've added it now thanks to the comment above, but I would've gotten around to adding it anyway.)

However, if it's NOT in our blogroll, let us know so that we can add it to our blogroll AND to the map.

The best way to do that is to email us at cupcakestakethecakeATyahooDOTcom with "blogroll" and "google map" in the subject line. Thanks!
Anonymous said…
I'm pretty sure you guys already know about us, but you can find a map of 690 cupcake purveyors around the world at CupcakeFetish:
http://www.cupcakefetish.com/find.php
Anonymous said…
This map is pretty sweet: http://www.cupcakefetish.com/find.php . It even lets you look up names in addition to stuff near you