Cupcake a Day, Day 5: Butter Lane, blueberry and cream cheese frosting

Perhaps because I had a vodka cranberry at our party last night and I
almost never drink, or general tiredness/stress/plane to catch in the
morning, this fifth day of cupcake eating it felt a bit more like a
chore than I'd like. Can a cupcake cure a headache? Probably not.

I headed over to Butter Lane as they're about to close around 11:45. I
decided to try blueberry frosting. Very coolly, they have frosting
samplers out so you can test them out before you decide (see my Flickr).

I tend not to be a fruit cupcake lover. Fruit itself, yes, but in
cupcakes I like vanilla, chocolate, peanut butter. But tonight too
much sweetness makes me feel nauseous. The blueberry was sweet for
sure but also a little tart. I paid for it ($2.75) and then the woman
gave me the other one free because it had been misfrosted or
something. That one was cream cheese frosting and way too much for me.

I look forward to coming back to Butter Lane without a lingering
hangover because I really think their cupcakes are something special.
Plus I would love to live in the East Village.

www.butterlane.com

Previous Cupcake a Day:

Day 4: Brownie's Elvis cupcake (with bacon!)

Day 3: Whole Foods Union Square, mouse cupcake

Day 2: Billy's Bakery, vanilla/vanilla cupcake

Day 1: Dessert Club ChikaLicious, S'mores cupcake

Comments

I want to try these they look soooo yummy. I love the French music on their site.