April showers bring May flowered cupcakes

I think flower-topped cupcakes are so nice, for almost any occasion, although Happy Spring! is an event enough to make me want to enjoy a sweet flowered treat. I haven't baked any cupcakes recently (I'm still recovering from the 100+ cupcake
baking challenge of 2009) but I have stumbled upon some lovely pictures of others' flower-based cupcakey treats, all courtesy of Creative Commons Licensing on Flickr:


Quilted Flower Cupcakes

and


Quilted Flower Cupcake


From windy_sydney.




These lovelies are from Just Cupcakes!








Children's Day Cupcakes

Sweet Children's Day Cupcakes from Cake Girl, Hyeyoung Kim






cupcake

This lovely shot by Mr. Doye.




And now for something completely different... (are you a Monty Python fan?):

Veggie Cupcakes

Okay, so they are veggies, not flowers, but they do remind me of spring, and make me feel hopeful. Hopeful that global warming hasn't robbed us all of our seasons, because I am sure not ready for 100-degree summertime heat in NYC. Shot by rezsox.



Now for some CTTC housekeeping:

I can't say this enough people, if you comment anonymously, I will throw out your comments and then no one will be able to see how you feel about spring cupcakes, or buttercream frosting, or, perhaps, cupcake wars. Please! I beg of you, include your name otherwise the interwebs will never see your bon mots.


And, for some happy-happy news:

Many congrats to Mary Ann Porch for her first CakeWalk column in Cupcakes Take the Cake. Yeah!



Comments

Screamin' Mama said…
Love those flower ones at the beginning of your post. The details are perfect.
Gretchen Geyer said…
Wow, I love these - The flower work is Beautiful!
Just Cupcakes said…
Thanks for showcasing my ruffled cupcakes ladies! Cheers, Juli, Just Cupcakes!